I have been a psychotherapist specialising in addictions and trauma since 1989.
I have had clients from all walks of life, from people just like you, to unemployed and homeless people, addicts, trauma survivors, adopted and fostered children, and out of control teens, to C Level executives, athletes, parents, and celebrities. What they have all had in common, is a sincere desire to get well, and live an expanded life which they can enjoy and be free of their mental health issues.
I have lived and worked in the United States and Australia. I worked in low fee/no fee agencies, private practice, government child protection and in inpatient and outpatient drug/alcohol mental health rehabilitation centres.
I have been in private practice in Sydney, Australia since 2002.
My consultation services are always highly confidential and discreet.
- The co-developer of The MATES Regulation & Resourcing Program which I developed with my colleague Salene Souza.
MATES is a simple and empowering program to develop presence, and improve balance and regulation in your nervous system and brain.
MATES Skills empower you to to help yourself regulate your emotions and thoughts so you can manage your life better. We found that using this as a first step has improved the recovery rates of all our clients.
MATES – Simple Regulation Skills for Not-So-Simple Lives.
- A Certified Brainspotting(BSP) Practitioner & one of only 2 Brainspotting Trainers in Australia.
BSP provides easy access to deeper parts of the brain to gently release any old “stuck’ pieces of information or events not yet processed through to resolution. It is also wonderful for trauma resolution, resolving addictions, anxiety, depression as well as to improve peak performance work for actors, athletes and others.
- A Somatic Experiencing Practitioner – SEP
In the 21st Century it is agreed by world leaders in the mental health field, that therapy without a body-oriented component will rarely lead to long term resolution.
- An EMDR Australia Approved Consultant
EMDR is known as a first line treatment for trauma, all addictions, depression, anxiety and bi-polar disorders
- A Psychotherapist and Counsellors Federation of Australia (PACFA) Approved Supervisor
My Academic Qualifications
Psy D Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
MA in Counselling Psychology and Spiritual Psychology
BA in Psychology specialising in Chemical Dependency Counselling
The Professional organisations I belong to
PACFA # 20556 Psychotherapists And Counsellors Federation of Australia
CAPA #28482 Counsellors And Psychotherapists Association, Australia
LMFT #36667 Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California, USA
ISTSS International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
EMDRAA Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Australia Assn
My Personal Story – a very short version
- I know about addiction and trauma through personal, as well as professional, experience.
- I have been clean and sober since I went to rehab in the mid 1980’s.
- I have had years of therapy myself using all of the modalities I now have been trained in.
- I have personally dealt with the following issues; adoption, undiagnosed learning difficulties, traumas including car accidents, traumatic bran injury, attention deficit problems, scotopic sensitivity, and events which overwhelmed my capacity to deal with them as a child and young woman; sexual assault, alcoholism and addiction, as well as infertility issues.
- I’ve also had experience as a step-parent; divorce; living with a parent who is a holocaust survivor, being on powerful medications from two to 12 years old
- Also many fears, crippling anxieties and phobias and depressive episodes among others…
- I am not perfect now by any means, but I am doing very well!
- So I know full recovery is possible.